Monday 5 December 2011

Gold back to Square One

10.05am
Price of gold went back to where it was before the surge on last thursday. Tears for those who lost big during the surge, only to see prices back to their original position, with no orders on hand. The orders I placed , in anticipation of the fall would hv been profitable if I held on ; but I had to set a Stop loss as part of my discipline to trade safely.
The main mistake is to keep assuming it will fall (now,..now ,..NOW!) and placing bet against it's rise. One never know how far it will go up before it plunge..and I was hurt as it drag up, giving away many of my accumulated profit. My guts feel has been right,.. but the timing is wrong,..and that matters - wrong timing can be fatal.
Given that the price of gold has gone back to the lower channel.. there is no more incentive for me to short it - far too risky.  I will now look at the AJ pair,..with shorting on mind. I usually do not like to short Aussie dollar due to it's high interest rate, but this pair looks ripe for picking/ shorting I mean..

An order for 2.8K triggered at 79.594. Potential loss for this is 30$,.. 1:1 R/R ratio.. will see how it turn up.. I may abandon order if the chart changes direction..before it hit SL .Will see...

Cash 354, net 351... short AJ, 2.8K

No comments:

Post a Comment