Tuesday 29 November 2011

Should not have peek

4.15pm.. back from a loooong lunch with the kids,..and was feeling very tired when I took a peek at the silver and gold performance. Both showed a total negative amount near $10. Then 10 mins later, the market turned and plunged towards my direction.
First I was delighted that I now see profit for silver - gold is still in the red. And I wanted to take a quick nap and didn't want to risk the market moving north while I was not looking.  I needed peace when I sleep !

Comparing Silver and Gold, Silver looks weaker in technical sense - which is good for me since I shorted it, but since it's the only pair that shows profit, I decided to close all 50 lots at 31.8274, pocketing a mere $5/- . My lunch was 20x that , today !  At the point of writing, if I had closed silver now, I would hv profitted $17. Current prices is 31.6515. I need to quickly learn now to maximise my profit . Should I have placed order for 15 lots x 3 and scattered my sales ?  I hv to review soon,.. otherwise, it will be difficult to bring back to my initial level of $5500 capital.

 Leaving the gold order alone. It plunged with silver, but seems to have reached it's valley. Risk is $12/- , I can live with that. Now,.. I need my rest...

Cash 364.

No comments:

Post a Comment