Monday 14 November 2011

Start with the Beginning...

any sight of yellow  metal melts my heart. I have a weakness for all things shiny, especially if it comes in a bar,.. shiny gold bar.
I started the year 2011 with $5000 in a forex account, trying to make a living trading gold. With leverage of 1:50, I have at my disposal, the ability to trade $250K worth of gold and silver.

And as with all affairs, there is love, as much as hate.  My relationship with gold resulted in a roller coaster ride with my account. I lost all sanity as I try to short gold, only to see it climbing higher.  And when my nerves could not accept the surge in price, close the short and revert to long, only to see myself buying it at a peak and prices starts to erode.

November 10, 2011. My $5500 account (I put in another $500) has reduced to just $168/-. That Thursday night alone, within a span of 2-3 hours, I lost $400/- buying gold. Prices fell, margin call closed out all my outstanding long order. And as a confirmation of my luck, the price moved back up, and it continued up on Friday, Nov 11.  If I had not had that margin call and forced account closure, I would have gained. That Thursday night, I went to bed early, my heart was in pain. I could not bear to see the prices of gold that night,..nor most of Friday morning.

As with nature, the darkest moment made way to the brink of day light. I had that dark moments on Nov 10, 2011.  I revisited the event. My understanding of the trend is not wrong. My timing may be a little off, but what actually kill me is my leverage. I long too much , I short too much. Eventually, these are what killed me.

Nov 14th. Managed to pull back some of my losses. As of now, 11.01pm local time, my account now read  $223, up from $168 from Thursday.  I decided to journey my progress with immediate effect.  It is only thru' journal , the writing of thought, will one stay discipline . I will pen down each of my purchase with SL and TP in this blog. My aim is first to revive my capital outlay and once that is successfully, will move on living on this trading income. It has all been expenses/ losses - but all these will soon change. Just wait and see...

Status as of now:
Balance 223 / Net Asset Value 224
Outstanding Short  EU  338 units (potential loss = 0), short A/NZ 2000 units (Potential loss $11).
Current gold chart does not allow me to open any position. No trigger - self control = capital preservation

No comments:

Post a Comment